The opposition is split on the draft resolution submitted to the UN Human Rights Council last week with most of them refusing to accept it.
The main opposition Tamil National Alliance was the first to accept the text of the resolution but others said it was still a threat to Sri Lanka.
The National Freedom Front (NFF) said that it will oppose any move by the Government to abide by the resolution.
NFF spokesperson Mohamed Muzammil said that the text still maintains a call for a hybrid system despite the actual word being removed.
He said that the text of the draft submitted on Thursday does not have much of a difference from the text prepared earlier.
The Mahajana Eksath Peramuna (MEP) said that it also opposes the text and that the Government should not cosponsor the resolution.
MEP leader Dinesh Gunawardena said that the Government should not submit to an international investigation.
Originally Published at http://www.thesundayleader.lk/2015/09/27/opposition-split-on-draft-resolution/